A home insurance is necessary in France before you rent a place. Please contact insurance companies, student social security offices, or banks.
Most landlords request a certificate proving that you have a financial guarantor from the European Union. If you cannot provide this document, please contact us to find a residence or flat.
- holding a 6-month D Type visa
- having carried out the required OFII formalities (French Office for Immigration and Integration)
- Renting the same place for more than 3 months
can apply online for housing benefit (APL – Personalized Housing Help or AL – Housing Allowance) at http://www.caf.fr.
Papers to be provided for:
- A copy of your passport, visa and OFFI stamp
- A copy of your Bank account details
- A copy of your birth certificate (for non European students)
For the application:
- A certificate of residence
- A tax declaration
The Mission Accueil Publics Internationaux (International Student Reception Mission) will help you through administrative procedures.
- Benefits can be claimed only from the second month’s rent onwards
- Vacating your apartment before the end of a month results in losing housing benefit for this month
- Housing benefit is not automatically awarded. Each case is treated individually.