DULCF / French Civilization and Language University Diploma
After a preliminary evaluation test (written paper and oral interview with a teacher) students are divided up into groups according to their level.
The number of students in each group is limited to encourage a communicative approach (speaking, talking, pair working).
20 hours a week per semester:
15 hours of general French course every morning from 9 am to 12 p.m.
+ a choice of 2 modules of one hour and a half in the afternoons for B1 students, or 3 hours of General French for A1 and A2 students.
Registering for one or two semesters at the CILEC is an opportunity to prepare and pass the DULCF (French Civilisation and Language University Diploma) delivered by Jean Monnet University for levels A1 to C2.
Costs and registration :
Planning: 280 hours for 14 weeks – 20 h/week
Cost: €1 600
Dates : from mid-january to the first week of june
Planning: 320 hours for 16 weeks – 20 h/week
Cost: €1 800
The Course content depends on level :
- A1 :Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrasesaimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type
- A2 :Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas ofmost immediate relevance
- B1 :Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar mattersregularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- B2 : Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization
- C1 : Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning
- C2 : Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
Compulsory university registration fees (190 €)
student health and personal insurance compulsory for students under 28 (217 €)
Two speciality modules (1h30 / 2 afternoons) to choose between :
- Phonetics – Level I (A1/Beginners) et II (A2 Elementary)
- Conversation workshop – Level I (A1/Beginners) et II (A2 Elementary)
- Creative workshop
- Contempory French society analysis – A2 oriented curriculum
- Contempory French society analysis – B1 oriented curriculum
- Art History
- History of France
- Modern francophone literature
- European civilization
- Methodology for higher studies
- French for economy
- Contempory French society analysis – B2-C1 oriented curriculum
- French for sciences